Begin your adoption journey.
Christian Adoption Services has been counseling expectant women and placing infants within the
state of North Carolina since 1989. We are eager to help you begin your adoption journey.
What are the requirements to adopt locally?
- Married for at least two years.
- At least 25 years of age.
- Good physical and emotional health.
- No criminal record inclusive of major offenses or pattern of such offenses or any criminal matters that have not been satisfactorily resolved.
- Applicants with CAS must be believers in the basic Christian tenets.
PRE-PLACEMENT ADOPTION PROCESS
What are the steps that lead up to a Domestic Adoption?
- Attend informational meeting
- Complete Preliminary Application
- Initial Review
- Complete Application for Adoption
- Participate in Pre-placement Assessment (Homestudy) Process
- Meeting with Domestic Program Coordinator.
- Submission of Photo Book for Review and Finalization.
- Submit Photos for website.
- Participate in Required Trainings
- Receive referral for Placement
POST-PLACEMENT ADOPTION PROCESS
What are the post-placement adoption steps?
Once you have taken placement of a child, you will be required to have follow-up post-placement visits by a caseworker. To finalize an adoption in North Carolina, you are required to have a minimum of three such visits – the first is to occur two weeks from your arrival home with your child.
The CAS staff is always available to discuss concerns or issues relating to your adoption. If a member of our staff is not equipped to address your particular issue we can serve as a referral resource.